The ads you get are not dependant on Kongregate or Divine Games but on the ad company which provides the ads as a service to Divine Games.
The selection of ads and number of times you can scry depend on your geographical location. Each time you scry, the ad should be different and you shouldn't be seeing the same one too many times in a same session.
Your IP reveals the country where you are, and your cookies store a list of the ads you have viewed.
Some countries have more ads then others and players from those countries will be able to scry more often. Some players will be able to scry as much as they want and have both timers running all the time, others may only be able to scry only once or twice per day and will need to be strategic about when to best use it.
You can now claim your reward!
If you happen to crash just before choosing your option, the game may react as if you have claimed it. This can be annoying if you live in a country with few ads, you might not be able to scry again for sometime.
The choices are as shown in the game window:
- +100% production for 4 hours.
- +2 m/s and +10 mana regen for 10 minutes.
- Faction Coins based on your production. Formula: ???
Events can bring additional options, such as (seen until now):
- Snowballs: Limited to six times a day during Christmas 2015.
- Hearts: Increased heart production for 4 hours during the St Valentines 2016
Hovering over the scry button, you may read:
- Click here to Scry into the future!
This is the default tooltip, the ad severs have a video ready for you to view.
- The sphere is focusing...
Means the ad servers are looking for a new ad. Try refreshing the page.
- The crystal ball is clouded.
This is what you get when there are no new and non-viewed ads for you, or at least the ad server thinks so.
If you have problems scrying:
- Check if no ad-blocking software/extension are enabled.
- Try refreshing the page
- Try later, the ads servers may be busy or offline.
- If your problem is recurring, report it to the devs.
Many have had problems and Divine Games has made a forum post for this: Go here to write a report.
When you write a report it can be helpful to include:
- A screen shot of the scry window.
- The name of advertisement causing you problems and/or the URL you maybe re-directed to.